The origins of The Royal Ipoh Club can be traced to 1895. The club was built to serve the recreational needs of the British planters and miners in Ipoh. However, the detailed history of the club was lost during the Japanese occupation of Malaya, during which the club was unceremoniously used as a laundry house by the Japanese Imperial Army. The club was built facing the Ipoh Padang and is located near St Michael’s Institution and the Ipoh railway station.
Sons of Ku Nick had previously become presidents of the Royal Ipoh Club. Past Presidents of the club from the Razmans comprise:
1988: YM Raja Dato’ Ahmad Tajuddin bin Raja Razman DPMP, AMP, AMN, PPN, PJK
2001: YM Raja Dato’ Lope Ahmad bin Raja Razman DPTS, DIMP, KMN, PIS, PJK
2002: YM Raja Dato’ Lope Ahmad bin Raja Razman DPTS, DIMP, KMN, PIS, PJK
Reference: Royal Ipoh Club website