The Royal Regiment of Engineers (Rejimen Askar Jurutera DiRaja) was formed in 1953. The regiment was then known as the 76th Federal Field Squadron and one of the training camps was at Balaclava Lines in Kluang, Johor. Almarhum Sultan Idris Shah II was the Colonel-in-Chief of the Royal Regiment of Engineers. Almarhum is seen here in this photograph inspecting the camp on 26 June 1967.
Reference: Rejimen Askar Jurutera DiRaja. Sejarah.