Talbot motorcars were one of the marques imported by Messrs Aylesbury & Garland to Ipoh in the 1890’s. Aylesbury & Garland were also in the business of tin, the bulk of which passed through this company purchased from Chinese miners in the Batang Padang district on behalf of the Straits Trading Company. Aylesbury & Garland was a diversified company, it was also an agency for a variety of different business lines. The Ipoh establishment was managed by A.A. Robin, and assisted by H.G. James.
They also had a branch in Tapah, and was the only European establishment in the township.
1. Arkib Negara Malaysia
2. The Encyclopedia of Malaysia: Early Modern History 1800-1940. ed. Boon Kheng, Cheah. Archipelago Press. p 116
3. Wright, Arnold. Twentieth century impressions of British Malaya: its history, people, commerce, industries, and resources.
4. Southeast Asia Visions. Cornell University LIbrary.